Sunday, April 13, 2008

Two Days Before the Surgery

Today is Sunday April 13th, my surgery would be on the 15th. on Friday I went to the Huntington Memorial Hospital to do my pre-ops (Blood test and paper work) and when I was filling the papers with the nurse and talking about my medications, she asked me if I stopped taking my daily aspirin and... oops! I didn't, I didn't take it that morning on the 11th but that was it.

Dr. Pherrson's staff, gave me a paper that clearly said

"10 TO 14 DAYS BEFORE SURGERY YOU MUST STOP ANY BLOOD THINNING AGENTS UNLESS OTHERWISE ADVISED, SUCH AS COUMADIN, ASPIRIN, AND OF COURSE ANY ANTI-INFLAMATORY AGENTS SUCH AS ALEVE, ADVIL, IBUPROFEN, MOTRIN, EXCEDRIN, AND LODINE. PLEASE RECHECK Y OUR DRUG WARNING LIST AT THIS TIME."

... and I didn't read it, so the nurse called Dr. Pherrson's office and told them what had happened and they called me back. they said Dr. Pherrson was gone for the day, but he might want to CANCEL my surgery, they will call me on Monday to let me know what he decided because it can be very dangerous to just go ahead with the surgery and then my bleeding won't stop.

So today is Sunday the 13th and I'm still without knowing what is going to happen.

I'm all ready to go, I bought my protein drinks (https://www.bariatrxessentials.com) and got all my tests, I organized my life (in case I don't come back)"just kidding" and got a baby sitter for my kids. I hope everything will be as planned.

Let's see what happens. I will write more as soon as I have any news. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask, I'll be happy to answer it if I can.

Thanks for reading.

Christina




No comments: